A wonderful place to visit... a hard place to forget!
In the spring of 1953, thirty residents from Gainesville organized the Outboard
Boating Club of Gainesville to go as a group to the lake for boat outings (sometimes
just the afternoon, sometimes overnight). The club was renamed “The Gainesville
Boat Club of Gainesville, Texas” on January1,1954, and was incorporated on May 25,
The Club was granted a year-to-year lease on a site west of the Big Mineral
arm near Walnut Creek on March 24, 1954, and developed the area until May, 1959,
when the Corps opened up additional sites for long-term lease. On July 6, 1959,
the GBC membership relocated to Cedar Point Site #1 consisting of 43 acres with a
20 year lease.
Seven years after our relocation, the Corps of Engineers offered to sell the
club 38 ½ acres (less the area below 645) or we could continue leasing for the remaining
13 years. At a spec
ial called meeting on July 31, 1966, the Club membership of approximately 80 members
voted to purchase the site.
Today the Club has 103 regular members and all lots have been developed. We’re
a non-profit organization with a Board of Directors and full time caretaker to maintain
the facilities. Membership is by application only through the sale of improvements
on the lot with the club maintaining the rights to the land. All new members are
required to undergo a background check and follow our by-laws and standing rules.
Monthly dues cover the upkeep of the facilities, water, garbage disposal, access
to boat ramps and boat slips, swimming dock, lighted fishing dock and fish cleaning
area, clubhouse and covered pavilion, paved streets, RV park and some of the friendliest
neighbors you’ll find in Texoma.
We have several generations of family members for a reason. Once you’ve been
a Boat Club member, we’re hard to forget!
Welcome to the Gainesville Boat Club, a private membership club located on the
Texas side of Lake Texoma. We offer a surplus of fun events in an easy going, relaxed
The club serves the interests of the property owners and non-resident members,
promoting a family atmosphere and camaraderie among club members. We are a non-profit
organization managed by a Board of Directors elected from the membership by club