Powell PW Camp... Located a short distance south of Powell, a small community about
three miles east of Lebanon and about eight miles southwest of Madill, this camp
was originally a branch of the Madill Provisional Internment Camp Headquarters, and
later became a branch of the Camp Howze PW camp. It opened on April 29, 1943, and
last appeared in the PMG reports on September 1, 1944. It had a capacity of 600
and was usually kept full. The PWs cleared trees and brush from the bed of Lake
Texoma which was just being completed.